Increase the Effectiveness of Your Networking Devices (by eliminating interference)
The Triplett Wi-Fi Hound (TRP WFHOUND) is a full-featured wireless network and RF Spectrum Analyzer designed to help troubleshoot and isolate problems that impact the quality of wireless networks and networking devices.
What is a spectrum analyzer?
Spectrum analyzers measure the phase of a signal. A spectrum analyzer evaluates a networking device’s circuit performance and signal, then displays received signals with respect to amplitude vs. frequency. The main purpose of a spectrum analyzer is measuring the power of a signal’s various frequency components such as audio signals and radio frequency.
Spectrum analyzers are found in most engineering labs due to their usefulness for design development and device testing. In addition to engineers, the Triplett Wi-Fi Hound offers a wide array of benefits for field technicians, wireless technicians, or anyone looking to improve wireless network performance for their clients. The Triplett Wi-Fi Hound is a must have piece of test equipment if frequency make-up of signals is a concern of your clients.A few benefits the Wi-Fi Hound offers:
- Easy to operate user interface
- Ability to create custom branded, high quality reports for clients with the push of a button
Do the many mobile apps work?
While most mobile apps will work for channel management, their usefulness is otherwise limited. These types of apps will show other access points broadcasting in the area, but typically are unable to show all interference in that spectrum. The problem here being, it is often the little things causing issues for a client’s networking devices.
- Set up a regular process. (For example, enter the door, and go left to each extreme of the room, taking snapshots as you go.)
- Perform and document a Site Survey:
- When you first arrive at the jobsite for troubleshooting
- When you finish an initial installation, or finish the necessary repairs on a Trouble Call.
To learn more about the Triplett Wi-Fi Hound and it’s features watch our latest video and subscribe to our YouTube channel @ SES.No.Matter.WhatHardware Specifications:
- Operating System: Android 7.0
- Storage: 16 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Screen Size: 10.1 in
- Aspect Ratio 16:9
- LCD Multipoint Capacitive – Touch Screen
- Resolution: 800 x 1280
- Camera: 2.0 MP
- Bluetooth: BLE 2.0
- Built-in 0.8 W Speaker
- 3.5mm standard headphone jack
- Micro-SD Card Slot
- Micro USB OTG
- Built-in Battery: LiPo 6000 mAh